Minority Faculty Career Development Seminar
September 18 - 21, 2015
The Westin Buckhead Atlanta
Registration open May 4, 2015!
The Association of American Medical Colleges popular Minority Faculty Career Development Seminar is designed for junior faculty (senior clinical and research fellows, instructors, and assistant professors) and post docs (MD, D/PhDs and PhDs) who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine.
This 3-day seminar provides participants with real-world guidance and tools for pursuing career advancement in academic medicine, developing key professional competencies, building skills in grant writing and communications, and expanding their network of colleagues and role models. Bringing together junior faculty across the United States.
Learning objectives include:
- Identify professional development goals and design a career path, and the tools on how to get there
- Understand the realities of advancement in academic medicine through the exploration of the requirements for appointment, promotion, and tenure, and how to plan your own progress through the system.
- Develop key professional competencies in academic and organizational leadership
- Build skills in grant writing and communications
- Expand your network of colleagues and role models
Registration and Travel Notes
Registration for the Minority Faculty Career Development Seminar will open in May 2015. Meeting information will be updated here once available.
Registration Process: The registration process includes a letter of support from the attendees' department Chair, Division Chief or Dean, a pre-seminar survey, and a selection of breakout sessions.
Consulting Sessions: You will have the opportunity to sign up for small group career consultation sessions.
Optional Pre-Conference Workshop: Grant Writers Coaching Group for NIH Awards
Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit will be available