AAMC Careers in Medicine Website Terms and Conditions
You may use the Site solely for career planning and decision making. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, rent, lease, loan, mirror, frame, sublicense, assign, transfer, disclose or otherwise exploit the content on this Site for commercial use unless the AAMC provides you with prior written permission to do so.
The AAMC may refuse service, terminate access, and/or cancel transactions at the AAMC’s discretion without liability to you. If you are suspected of violating these terms and conditions, or the AAMC website Terms and Conditions, the AAMC reserves the right, without limitation, to terminate your CiM registration and access to the site indefinitely, and/or take legal action.
You agree that you will not use the Site to:
transmit spam, bulk, or unsolicited communications;
pretend to be the AAMC or someone else, or spoof the AAMC's or another party’s identity;
forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site;
misrepresent your identity or affiliation with another person or entity;
disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to use the Site or the System; or
engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary relationship, any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law.
You also agree that you will not:
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any AAMC service through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available at the Site;
- use any device, software, or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the AAMC’s infrastructure;
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Site, or any of the AAMC’s web pages or the content contained therein, without prior written consent from the AAMC; or
- undertake any action that may interfere with or diminish the intellectual property rights of the AAMC. Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to, (i) reverse engineering, decompiling and disassembling any software available on the Site or any component thereof, except and only to the extent such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation, and (ii) removing, modifying or obscuring any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that appear on the Site.
All subscription prices are in USD and must be received in U.S. currency. AAMC reserves the right to amend our purchase prices at any time.
Access will be available for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Renewals and Discounts
Accounts may be renewed annually. Discounts are available for renewals completed prior to the end of the subscription year.
Accounts purchased as part of a group purchase agreement also can be renewed. Individuals authorized for group purchase can renew existing accounts by accessing their account, selecting the continuing users and paying the appropriate annual fee.
CiM does not offer refunds for individual purchases for any reason. Refunds are available for group purchases that have not been activated within thirty (30) days of purchase.
Storage of Individual Data and Assessment Results
All data stored in CiM will remain in the active database for a period of five (5) years after last activation. After that time it will be archived at the AAMC.
Limitations of the Site for International Medical Students
The career assessment instruments and results they provide were developed based on a normative sample of U.S. medical students and may not fully represent important factors used in making career and specialty decisions by individuals from other countries and cultures. Use these resources with great care.
Suspension or Termination of Access
The AAMC reserves the right to suspend or terminate accounts (including terminating a user name and password, if any) and to block access to this Site by any user who violates—or who AAMC in its sole discretion believes may have violated—these Terms or otherwise engages in conduct which AAMC determines is inappropriate or inconsistent with AAMC's mission. Access may be suspended or terminated with or without notice.
Association of American Medical Colleges
655 K St., NW, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20001-2399