The TRANSFORM program aims to improve the diversity of the biomedical research workforce by enhancing the retention, promotion, and attainment of institutional leadership roles for faculty from groups historically under-represented in science and medicine (designated URM). TRANSFORM’s goal is to ensure that faculty at the associate professor level acquire the skills and experiences needed to advance to and thrive in more senior faculty and leadership positions.
To be eligible for the TRANSFORM Program, you must:
- Participate in the AAMC Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar in September 2023
- Hold an associate professor level faculty appointment for two years or more
- Identify as an individual from a historically or currently underrepresented group in science and medicine as defined by the NIH
- Be committed to pursuing an academic research career
- Aspire to promotion to the rank of full-professor and/or advancement towards a professional leadership position
The TRANSFORM program involves the following components:
- Small group executive coaching
- Mentoring and peer-peer mentoring
- Longitudinal, culturally responsive leadership skills training
- Individualized research mentoring
- A partnered leadership project that addresses an institutional problem or opportunity
Applications open April 3, 2023 and are due June 12, 2023. Visit icre.pitt.edu/transform for more information and instructions on how to apply.