Are you thinking about a leadership position in academic medicine and science? Are you ready to take the next step in your career or increase your leadership presence in your scientific or professional organization? The AAMC Leadership and Management Foundations for Academic Medicine and Science seminar will provide critical knowledge and skill-building experiences in core areas vital to leadership and management.
This seminar features expert faculty and interactive sessions that will help you answer the following questions:
- Defining Leadership: What’s the difference between leading and managing? How do I make the transition from being a contributor to a leader? How can I build my leadership presence and credibility?
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence: How can I manage and channel the emotions of myself and others to create a productive and healthy work environment? How can I build and improve my own emotional intelligence?
- Managing Time and Multiple Priorities: How do I balance the demands of being a leader with my other roles and responsibilities? How do I make time for what’s important and meaningful? How can I be an effective leader and still focus on my health and well-being?
- Management Breakout Sessions: What are the tools and best practices that will help me succeed in conducting meetings, giving feedback, and negotiating with others as a leader?
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is designed to prepare new and emerging leaders to be successful in a leadership role. This seminar is also designed for individuals who have never had formal leadership training. Examples of participants who attended previous seminars include, but are not limited to, assistant and associate professors, program directors, assistant deans, and administrative leaders.
March 27-29, 2024
AAMC Learning Center
655 K Street, N.W. Suite 100
Washington, DC 20001
Registration & Fees
Early Bird Fee (available through February 21, 2024): $1500
Regular Fee (available February 22-March 29, 2024): $1725
The 2024 registration fee will cover program materials, two breakfasts, three lunches, refreshment breaks, a networking reception, and an online EQ-i 2.0 self-assessment with a confidential report regarding your emotional intelligence. The registration fee does not include the optional CME fee, travel, or hotel accommodations.
The seminar provides critical knowledge and skill-building experiences in core areas vital to leadership and management. At the completion of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Define expectations and success factors of leadership
- Describe the role of emotional intelligence in leading yourself and others
- Utilize innovative interpersonal and team communication strategies
- And apply strategies for managing time and setting priorities that result in the achievement of both personal and organizational goals
In addition to knowing more about leadership, you will acquire an enhanced repertoire of leadership behaviors and leave the seminar prepared to ‘enact’ leadership.
Questions? Email email@example.com