Deadline: 11:59 PM PST, September 30, 2022
The WGEA seeks to promote scholarship in medical education that examines interventions, modalities, and educational content created within the Western region. To that end, funds are available for investigators via a mini-grant program. Investigators can request up to $5,000 to initiate a new study. Repeat applications are encouraged. Please use previous years feedback to revise and resubmit your application.
Priority will be given to those activities that:
- Demonstrate potential for integration across the learner continuum (i.e., UME, GME, CME) or across disciplines
- Multiple WGEA institutions or Interprofessional collaborations
- Potential to improve diversity, equity, inclusion and/or anti-racism within medical education.
- Re-submitted grant applications that utilize committee feedback
- The Principal Investigator must be a faculty member at a WGEA member school
- Applicants may submit only one proposal per cycle and may not be an author on any other proposal currently receiving WGEA and national GEA funding
- For multi-institutional studies, the principal investigator must be at a WGEA member school.
Application and Submission Process
Application must follow the structure template in Appendix A and is comprised of TWO DOCUMENTS:
- Grant Proposal
- Letter(s) of Support
Submit application to WGEA MERSE Section chair, Constance Tucker, by September 30, 2022.