Entry Guidelines - Spencer Foreman Award for Outstanding Community Engagement
The application for entry must include:
1. A two-page letter signed by the medical school dean or hospital CEO making the nomination.
2. Responses to the following questions:
- Describe your community and its most pressing health needs. Describe how these needs were identified. (3,000 character maximum) Note: Institutions are encouraged to include a link to their institution or their partner institutions’ Community Health Needs Assessments, with a brief description to remain within the character limit.
- Highlight significant projects or initiatives that exemplify the institution’s commitment to addressing the needs of the community through the principles of community engagement. (10,000 character limit)
Each activity should include the following components as applicable:
- Name of activity and brief description.
- Objective of the activity.
- Internal and external partners.
- Program evaluation and outcomes, with emphasis on evidence that the program outcomes are having a positive impact in meeting the needs identified by the community.
- Evidence of engaged scholarship, including publications, grants, etc.
- Describe the institution’s history of commitment to community engagement and how today’s community engagement efforts support the institutional missions of education, research, and clinical care. (2,000 character limit)
- Describe how the institution staffs, funds, and sustains its community-focused scholarship and service. (1,000 character limit)
- Describe how community engagement is coordinated within the institution. (1,000 character limit)
- Describe how learners, faculty, and staff are involved in community engagement. (1,000 character limit)
3. Two letters of support from community leaders.
Access the electronic submission system here. Find information on the fields required for nominations here. Applications must be complete by Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Foreman Award Review Committee will review nominations and select three finalists for site visits during the summer. The winner of the award will be notified by July 1, 2021, and honored at Learn Serve Lead 2021: The AAMC Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas.
Please address all questions to: